Answers in Genesis Jobs
South Park Christian Songs - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Rock_Hard
What are some red flags to watch out for in modern churches concerning the worship music?
- When it looks more like a rock concert than a church service.
- When the music repeats itself over and over…and over…and over!
- When the lyrics are vague at best and at worst unscriptural
- When there is no mention of God
- When the only attributes given are Gods love and mercy
- When the song focuses more on the one singing than the One we are to sing to
- When the song makes Jesus our boyfriend
- When the lyrics are simply nonsensical – if you don’t understand what the message is, why would you sing it to the Lord?
Nonsense Worship Songs - Fire Reign Song - (Source Coming Soon)
When looking for a new church, should music be a factor in deciding whether or not to make it my home church?
Can I leave a church because I don’t like the church music?
What if the music at my church is questionable or downright unbiblical?
Are there any bad Hymns or is it only contemporary music that's bad?
Whenever we are practicing a spiritual discipline, we need to make sure we are not doing it our way or any other way but God’s way.
- We are to praise him in church and using instruments are okay
- Psalm 150:1-6 Praise the Lord! Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens! Praise him for his mighty deeds; praise him according to his excellent greatness! Praise him with trumpet sound; praise him with lute and harp! Praise him with tambourine and dance; praise him with strings and pipe! Praise him with sounding cymbals; praise him with loud clashing cymbals!
- Keith & Kristyn Getty - http://www.gettymusic.com/
- We are to praise Him for what He has done and because we are grateful. Worship music should be rejoicing
- A Psalm for giving thanks. Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth! Serve the Lord with gladness! Come into his presence with singing! Know that the Lord, he is God! It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name! For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations.
- We are not to use vain repetitions in prayer…can we apply the vain repetitions to singing??
- Candlelight Vigil for Elk - http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_22322028/residents-mourn-boulder-elk-at-candlelight-vigil
- Any approach to God should be done reverently.
Bad Worship Song or Good Worship Song
- Bad – How He Loves by David Crowder Band
- Good – In Christ Alone by Keith and Kristyn Getty
Bad – Draw Me Close to You by Hillsong
- Lyrics - https://youtu.be/IdJBYyNsQd0
- Good – All I Have is Christ by Sovereign Grace Music
Bad – In The Garden by Brad Paisley
- Lyrics - https://youtu.be/Xn4dIPkBepk
Good – When I Survey The Wondrous Cross by Kathryn Scott
- Lyrics - https://youtu.be/D-mKnY2HMXg
***LISTEN TO THE END OF THE SHOW FOR SOME EXCLUSIVE BLOOPERS**