Talk about our lives.
- Ohio Fire
- Possible Relocation
- Would we say God is our first love?
- Do you ever meditate on God in a way that moves you to love Him more?
- How do you know you love Him?
How do we cultivate a deeper love for God?
- Making sure we belong to Him. If we haven’t been saved by Him, can we really love him? Self-examination is important.
- Getting to know Him. Reading His Word
- Spending time with Him. Prayer
- Exalting Him to others /Proclaiming Him to others.
- Herman Who: Read it Right, A Hermeneutics Primer - Todd Friel (http://amzn.to/1SQ1BjU)
- How to Study the Bible - R.A. Torrey (http://amzn.to/1NySB13)
When the world looks at our churches, do they see a group that clearly loves God?
Churches that don’t obey God’s Word cannot love God more than their sin. They would forsake all for His sake.
Resources Mentioned During Segment:
- The Adventures of Roman & Jorge (http://store.livingwaters.com/video/the-adventures-of-roman-jorge.html)
- Hyde Park Baptist Church (http://www.hydeparkbaptistchurch.org)
- 9 Marks (https://9marks.org)
John 14:21 We know when we keep His commandments. Loving God should affect our lives
Mark 5:18-20 Love for God makes us want to be near Him. It also makes us proclaim Him to others
Why do we love God?
- Because he first loved us
- Because while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us
- Because he doesn’t turn us all to dust and/or have us burn for eternity though every single one of us deserves it
- He has blessed us abundantly – life, family, beauty of His creation, His Word, other believers
Name That Heretic Game
- Quote 1 - Creflo Dollar
- Quote 2 - Paula White
- Quote 3 - Benny Hinn - Darth Lord of the Sith (https://youtu.be/u9SS95q2kpg)
- Quote 4 - Todd Bentley
- Quote 5 - Joyce Meyer
**Items listed on Amazon are affiliate links. Purchasing those items helps to support this show. Thanks**